Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Fitness Thread*

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
edited September 2011 in Off Topic
We need one.
Pass the god damn butter.

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Okay I do bench press on a Monday
    Squats on a Tuesday
    Deadlift Wednesday
    Then Friday I do chin ups, seated rows, tricep pull downs, floor press and/or close grip bench
    Oh,...were you being facetious?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    edited September 2011
    Thread is srs. Stay if you like. We need a thread for those who do work out to discuss routines, encourage others, share diet tips etc.

This stuff is bomb..

0 calories. People consume waaaaaay too many liquid calories.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i play at least a couple hours of soccer on Monday
    same on Tuesday
    Sometimes on Friday.... and now that our league is over; we're lucky to get a scrimmage going on sundays.

I hit the gym on occasion.... i do Cardio firstly then move both upper body and abs/back

when i go AFTER playing soccer....i only do leg weights and hit the pool if the mood is right
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i dont diet though....AT ALL.

I love beer and food
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i'm going to be getting a gym membership after i move, got a real nice gym with a pool, a hottub and a sauna about 2 miles from my house
    Also, since I started this thread, I respectfully ask that people are nice to any mouth breathers that enter the thread. Anybody who is willing to put the effort in to try to better themselves deserves to be encouraged.
    Anyone ever use Creatine?
    I have used it before powerlifting competitions
    It tends to add 2-3kg to my bodyweight (presumably due to the fact you retain water) so I'm not sure if it actually works, or because I weigh more I then lift more?
    i'm going to be getting a gym membership after i move, got a real nice gym with a pool, a hottub and a sauna about 2 miles from my house
    Awesome!
    Anyone ever use Creatine?
    I have used it before powerlifting competitions
    It tends to add 2-3kg to my bodyweight (presumably due to the fact you retain water) so I'm not sure if it actually works, or because I weigh more I then lift more?
    I worked with a guy who swore by it, never tried it myself though. He was short but swoll as fuck.
    i also changed my diet a while ago, since i hit almost 250 pounds. now i only eat Caesar salads with no chicken and low fat Italian dressing at work. i've lost about 30 pounds doing this. actually quite proud of myself
    edited September 2011
    i had considered using Creatine once i start going to the gym regularly. right now i'm taking a soy protein supplement
    Awesome!
    if it wasn't accross a really busy highway i would consider running there and back at some point
    I do weights and resistance 3-4 days a week, do a push up routine daily, and hit the heavybag for at least 45-60 minutes daily, sometimes 2x a day. I just built a homemade, adjustable speed bag stand this weekend \m/
    I was doing bench the other day and worked in with this guy who told me "when he was in jail he used to do heaps of chin ups".
    I ended up talking to him later in the sauna and he had this huge tatt across his entire chest that said "mongrel mob maketu".
    The mob are a notorious NZ gang.
    He was nice enough to chat to....I guess going to the gym you meet all kinds of people
    i also changed my diet a while ago, since i hit almost 250 pounds. now i only eat Caesar salads with no chicken and low fat Italian dressing at work. i've lost about 30 pounds doing this. actually quite proud of myself
    *brofist*

Skinless chicken is very healthy for you though. What do you drink?
    my gym has 3 classes that i'm interested in. 1 is a "boot camp" style, another is a strength and conditioning doinf mostly floor work and don't laugh but i wanna do aqua aerobics. my mom does that shit and she said its one helluva work and and shes been going to the gym religiously for the last 10 years
    i had considered using Creatine once i start going to the gym regularly. right now i'm taking a soy protein supplement
    Awesome!
    if it wasn't accross a really busy highway i would consider running there and back at some point
    I don't think it's a good idea to use creatine for extended periods.
    I only use it for 4-6 week periods to build up toward a specific event
    *brofist*

Skinless chicken is very healthy for you though. What do you drink?
    i used to a hardcore dewaholic and still am to an extent but i've cut out about half of it. now i drink no calorie, no suger iced tea and i'm starting to get hooked on propel zero. i used to drink nothing but soda so i'm doing a lot better
    Awesome!
    I don't think it's a good idea to use creatine for extended periods.
    I only use it for 4-6 week periods to build up toward a specific event
    i wasn't really sure about it, i'll probably just stick to my protein supplements
    I hear you on the dew.... I'm in the same boat with it. But holy hell the calories. 400+ for a 1 liter.